CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. — Effective November 16 the Cheektowaga Senior Center says its doors will be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The large uptick in positive cases has brought about this difficult decision to close,” a release states. “The health & safety of our senior participants is our number one priority!”
Officials say although the center will be closed for all recreational activities the following will still continue:
- The Senior Going Places Van Service will still be running.
- The home delivered meals program (Meals on Wheels) through FeedMore WNY will continue to deliver meals.
- The Senior Center Office Staff will still be in the office Monday through Friday, 9am-4:30 pm to answer questions and offer assistance to any Cheektowaga Seniors in need of help. Call 686-3930 for assistance.
- Jamie Acoff, the Center’s Outreach Coordinator, will still be assisting her senior clients and keeping her appointments.
- Though the Stay Fit Dining Lunch Program is on PAUSE, a Frozen Meal Option is going to be offered to seniors who normally visit the Center for lunch. Details for that program are coming soon. Call the Center at 686-3930 for details.
The closure will be in place until further notice.